We are an academy school and therefore our admission authority is Abbey Multi Academy Trust.
The school’s admission authority sets the admission policy every year. You can read our school’s admission polices below:
- In-year applications to start at our school between September 2021 and July 2022 – read our 2021/22 policy and SIF
- Applications for year 7 places in September 2022 – read our 2022/23 policy and SIF
- Applications for year 7 places in September 2023 – read our 2023/24 policy and SIF (please note that this will be published on our website by no later than 15th March 2022)
How to apply for a September 2022 place
If you are applying for a year 7 place for September 2022, all applications are made in advance. Offers are made by local authorities on national offer day.
You must apply to the local authority who empties your bins. If this is Leeds, go to www.leeds.gov.uk/apply.
If you are applying for admission under our faith criteria, you will need to send to our school (not the local authority) a completed Supplementary Information Form (SIF). We need to receive this by 31 October 2021.
You also need to make an application to the local authority asking for a place at our school. You do this online at the above link. If you don’t send the application to the local authority, you won’t have made a valid application for a place at our school.
If you're moving into Leeds or want to change schools in Leeds, you need to make a school transfer – often called an in-year application.
Moving schools can be a difficult experience for a child. You should always speak to your child's current school before trying to move to see what support they can offer you.
How to apply for an in-year place
We are part of the Leeds coordinated in-year application scheme. This means you can apply for a place online using the Leeds in-year application form at Before you move schools (leeds.gov.uk). You can apply for places at our school and most other Leeds schools at the same time on this form.
If you have moved house, please upload evidence of the house move with the online application. You can find out what you need to provide on the above website.
If you are applying for admission under our faith criteria, you will also need to send to our school (not the local authority) a completed Supplementary Information Form (SIF).
We have to offer places by applying our admission policy criteria to your child’s application and we will contact you with our decision about offering you a place. We will tell you our decision no later than 15 schools days from when you apply.
If we cannot offer you a place, we will
- write to you to explain the reasons,
- explain how you can appeal and
- add your child to our waiting list in case a place becomes free.
Our waiting lists are kept until end of each school year. You will need to make a new application if you want to be on the waiting list for the following school year.
If you are not offered a place at the school you requested, you will have the right of appeal. The appeal panel is independent of the school and council and the decision is legally binding.
Before you appeal you:
- should accept any place that you have been offered in case your appeal is not successful
- should think about why you are appealing and check if it's likely to be successful
- could read the advice for appealing school places on GOV.UK
- could get independent advice on making an appeal from a charity
Appeals information and appeal forms can be obtained by contacting the clerk to the independent appeal panel:
Admission Appeal Clerk, PO Box 1694, Huddersfield, HD1 9DL